Monday, August 24, 2009

Action!

Here's a few items I really enjoyed working on.

The Scenario: Having left my former place of employment, I found myself suddenly wondering. "okay...now what?" So like any dutiful illustrator, I hit the streets, portfolio in hand to hit up any contact I might have had. 3 days and 12 interviews later I was sitting on a big goose egg and really didn't want to tell the wife I had struck out again. On a lark (or was it Divine desperation) I walked into a cold-call visit at a local newspaper, "The Memphis Flyer" that specialized in a more... unique market. I was lucky enough to catch the Editor for they paper's special round-up Best Of... edition and lucky for me, she was still looking for an artist to do the sectional illustrations. I showed her my portfolio and whattayaknow...10 minutes I had the commission.

I had to produce all 12 within 48 hours.

Those were the best 48 hours.











No comments:

Post a Comment